NHS4All is campaigning for a better NHS for everybody.
If Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin together with Mid Wales have £312m to spend on hospitals, let’s get the best and most for the money.
“Future Fit” has set out two options to change local hospital services. Their preferred option is Option 1. This would site Emergency Care and the Women’s & Children’s in-patient service at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital, with planned care at the Princess Royal in Telford.
But we believe that Option 2 of the Future Fit proposals is better for all. This would put emergency care at PRH and keep the Womens & Children’s Centre at PRH.
Both options have a 24/7 urgent care centre on each site.
We think that Option 2 gives the best value for money and the least inconvenience for people in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin together with Mid Wales.
Here are our top five reasons why we believe that Option 2 is better for you:
• Option 2 will give the local NHS at least an extra £3.3m each year to spend on more GPs and nurses.
• Option 2 will allow the NHS to invest in a second state of the art cancer centre.
• Two thirds of all children and pregnant women admitted to hospital live nearer to the Princess Royal Hospital. Choose Option 2 to keep the new £28m Women and Children’s Centre, opened only three years ago, where it is.
• More than half of people having planned operations live nearer to the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital. Under Option 2, that’s where planned care would be based.
• Average emergency travel times are shorter to the Princess Royal Hospital. Under Option 2, that’s where the Emergency Centre would be based.